Thursday, May 22, 2008

One year later...

One year ago tonight, I was very excited. It was the night before my last shift at work, before the start of my maternity leave.



Tonight, however, is the last night of my mat leave. Impossible to believe a whole year has passed! Grandma Doris and Opa have graciously agreed to watch Silas during the week for us. Knowing how well he did with them while we were in Hawaii really puts my mind at ease, but I still feel bad having another secret bulldozer we are going to hit him with tomorrow.



Just after Silas was born, I almost craved work because life with a newborn was definitely harder than any physio work I had ever done. Thank God it is no longer so. I do not exactly want to return to work, but can accept it. Silas has a comfortable day and night routine, he eats well, has spent days away from us and sleeps through the night. It is also nice to feel okay about knowing life could be a bit rocky as we all get used to me working. Thank God for this peace (or perhaps obliviousness?) we have. We pray Silas will continue to thrive, we are thankful for the many who have gone before us and we pray I will be an asset at work and home.

No comments: