Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Return to Cougar Canyon

On this night last year, Josh, Lauren and I hiked into Cougar Canyon. As they finished their last rock climb, I started the trek back up to the car. I stopped to pee and suddenly had to exclaim "I'm not even kidding guys, but my water just broke!!"



With that, Josh zoomed down the rock face and we "dashed" to the car (as much as you can dash when you're 39 weeks pregnant, going into labour and having to stop about every 20 feet to let more water break).



Josh, Silas and I hiked back out to Cougar Canyon last night to reminisce. Smalls has developed from a little fetus kicking around my womb to an almost one year old Silas who can just about kick a ball walking around. That is truly one of God's miracles. Josh and I had no idea how completely helpless and dependent a newborn really is when born- they cannot roll, they can barely turn their head to the side, they are stuck in whatever position you place them in. (And to think Jesus became that for us...)



What a year and what a ride it has been... thank you, God.

1 comment:

Karen Doherty said...

What a great idea, to go back there!So much to be thankful for =)